ABOUT CALGARY SCIENTIFIC
Calgary Scientific provides innovative solutions that enable workers to access tasks traditionally performed on desktop workstations from the devices they use and the spaces they work from. We empower workers with secure remote access to enterprise data and images, full image interaction capabilities and anytime collaboration, so that they can complete work tasks more efficiently.
CSI is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to our customers and partners. The Solutions Architect plays a critical role in helping ensure that we deliver and support solutions that meet the specific needs of customers and partners. Effective engagements will help drive new and recurring revenue, as well as providing feedback to product and engineering teams on product features and functionality from the perspective of the customer and partner. The role will collaborate very closely with multiple teams, especially sales and development, as well as technical and business contacts at customers and partners, and will work with all CSI products.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Services, or designate, and working within the Services group, this role requires a very technically strong team member who can define and deliver technical engagements with partners and customers, and requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect a solution by mapping a customer business problem to an end-to- end technology solution. Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. This includes participating in pre-sales calls and on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, diagnosing and correcting performance problems, and proposing and delivering standard offerings.
The role will also be responsible for delivering custom solution engagements that address customer requirements, including understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution and overseeing implementation. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, the Service Consultant will also be responsible for internally-facing support including RFP responses, trade show technical support, and potentially, test environment management.
As a member of the Services group, the role will also participate in technical support, training and managed services delivery.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities.
- Troubleshooting issues specific to client environments in collaboration with the product team at deployment time and as these environments change over time
- Overseeing Knowledge Base (KB) content
- Providing partner and project support
- Planning and Executing Partner Training
- Executing solution deployments
- Deploying, monitoring and maintaining the demonstration systems
- Working with the product team (product management and technical) to identify deployment requirements for our products
- Installing and integrating released products into customer environments
- Tuning installed products for required performance and scalability targets
- Taking part in planning, scheduling and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including testing and deploying software releases
- Upgrading existing sites with new product releases
Key team member attributes for this role include:
- Customer focus – an unwavering commitment to the success of our customers and partners, and the willingness to take personal responsibility for their satisfaction
- Impact – a strong bias toward action and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of high quality work
- Trustworthiness – an unassailable commitment to integrity, honesty, and reliability
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Experience building scalable software or distributed systems with a service-based approach.
- Experience defining technical strategy to meet long-term business objectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge in Linux and Windows server system administration
- Intermediate knowledge in computer networks/data networks
- Ability to troubleshoot applications on Mac OS X, iOS and Android OS devices, and web browsers
- Experience with the evaluation, design, and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor, and report on infrastructure configurations
- Relevant work experience involving technical consulting, systems development, systems deployment and a proven record of delivering business value
- The background to provide demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management; creating architecture and deploying technology to solve business problems
- Industry leading depth knowledge of subject area, have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems
- Strong decision making skills necessary to take proactive steps to generate results, using data and other inputs to make key decisions
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate knowledge in LDAP/Active Directory and SSL
- Intermediate knowledge in virtualization, ESXi, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google cloud and Alibaba Cloud
- Intermediate knowledge in Scripting, Ruby, Git and Bash and Intermediate Knowledge in Golang
- Intermediate knowledge in query languages: SQL and Splunk
- Intermediate knowledge in Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Understanding of Medical Imaging IT Technology (PACS, DICOM, HL7, FHIR, DICOMWeb)
- This position requires the candidate be able to travel on an as needed basis, with the understanding that travel will be shared among the service staff where possible.
If this is your kind of opportunity, please forward your information, including a link to your LinkedIn profile to: email@example.com
Calgary Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.