Calgary Scientific provides innovative solutions that enable workers to access tasks traditionally performed on desktop workstations from the devices they use and the spaces they work from. We empower workers with secure remote access to enterprise data and images, full image interaction capabilities and anytime collaboration, so that they can complete work tasks more efficiently.
The Senior Software Developer position involves hands-on software development and leading teams and projects. As a member of Calgary Scientific’s Healthcare R&D team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated and have a flair for finding creative ways of solving hard problems. Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Experience working in a cross-disciplinary team is a plus, as is the ability to iterate rapidly on design ideas, take feedback and act on it quickly.
● Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of key product features.
● Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
● Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software.
● BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
● 8+ years of industry experience.
● Experience building scalable software or distributed systems with a service-based approach.
● Experience defining technical strategy to meet long-term business objectives.
● Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
● Experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
● Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
● Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
● Strong sense of ownership, problem-solving efficiency, and drive.
● Demonstrated leadership abilities in a development environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
● Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and collaborative environment.
● Demonstrated ability to mentor team members to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
● Experience developing healthcare applications and working with DICOM.
We offer a dynamic, flexible work environment where you will get to work alongside very smart, passionate, dedicated professionals from around the world.