Quality Assurance Analyst
At Calgary Scientific Inc., our ResolutionMD ® software product enables doctors to securely view patient images and reports from a wide variety of computer and mobile devices, collaborate with other practitioners and diagnose from any location. We are seeking candidates for a 1-year contract with potential to turn into a full-time position.
Are you passionate about producing high quality product, have an innate desire for continual learning, and a willingness to face challenges related to working on a product that has multiple configurations, brands, and features? Do you want your work to save lives?
What is the job about?
The Quality Assurance Analyst role is responsible for delivering high quality products as part of cross-functional agile teams. The QA Analyst will:
- work closely with the Development Tech Lead, the Software Developers, the Product Owner and Architect to ensure the on time delivery of product ready features.
- work with the agile project teams to define the scope, estimate the testing work involved in the project and develop acceptance criteria.
- be responsible for championing the test effort for the team regarding all facets of quality, including aiding in or developing the test infrastructure which includes:
- managing the deployment environment
- reviewing customer requirements and design documents and customer documentation
- helping define acceptance criteria and estimates for testing effort
- writing test cases, writing automated tests and developing test plans for server, client (including mobile devices) and documentation testing
- executing test cases and clearly documenting issues encountered during testing
- generating the required regulatory tests and reports
- load, configuration and performance testing
- improving quality assurance processes and procedures
We are looking for a motivated intermediate or senior QA “learner” with a flexible, positive, detail-oriented attitude who has:
- Good listening, collaboration and communication skills
- An ability to take initiative and “run” with little direction
- Some previous practical relevant years of experience with QA testing (please state in your cover letter)
- Related technical credentials (degree, diploma, or certifications) or simply driven, smart and able to pick up the work quickly and without hand-holding
- Experience in the software development industry (Experience in the Medical IT, Biomedicine, or Medicine is an asset)
- Demonstrated ability and/or desire to learn software development and quality management skills
- Familiarity with Agile practices, Defect Tracking (such as Jira), management with Test Case software (such as Helix ALM - formerly Seapine - Test Track), and Automated testing would be an asset
Our QA team shares management responsibilities - Release management, Automated testing and QA team coordination would be strong competitive assets. This role could easily grow into a lead or management role for the right candidate.
If this is your kind of opportunity, please forward your information, including a link to your LinkedIn profile to: email@example.com .